Thursday, January 16, 2014

Chapter 0, due January 17

      The most difficult part of the reading was determining whether to use "that" or "which" in specific cases.  That is used to introduce a restrictive clause.  This is to specify the exact object being referred to.  Which is used for nonrestrictive clauses.  It seems to be used for giving more information about something.  It is for unnecessary or additional information.
      I thought it was very useful to have the conventions used in mathematical writing expressed clearly.  I had never thought before that it might be confusing to start a sentence with a symbol.  Now that I've read about good mathematical writing, I can be more conscientious about that which I write in this class and in future classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment