Saturday, January 11, 2014

2.5-2.8, due January 13

      A difficult element of the reading assignment was determining when a statement is logically equivalent without creating a truth table but I can see that would be time consuming when dealing with large compound statements.  Of course, the construction of a truth table is relatively easy but because I have limited experience with truth tables, I can see how simple it would be to make a mistake or error.
      From taking linear algebra and multivariable calculus, so often I heard the phrase, "if and only if" and understood it as it is not very ambiguous in English.  It is interesting to understand the biconditional in the more mathematical terms.  Understanding this with a formal definition will solidify my understanding of new mathematical ideas better.

No comments:

Post a Comment