Monday, January 6, 2014

Introduction, due on January 8

What is your year in school and major?
       I am a Sophomore majoring in Chemical Engineering
Which calculus-or-above math courses have you taken?
      I have taken Math 302 and 303 at BYU.
Why are you taking this class?
      I missed taking a math class last semester and thought it would be fun and worthwhile to earn a minor in math.
Tell me about the math professor or teacher you have had who was the most and/or least effective. 
      My least effective math teacher did not engage me as a student or project his interest in math to me.  My most effective math professor showed his competence in the subject as well as relayed to the students how the subject matter related to his work and how it could be applied to other disciplines.
What did s/he do that worked so well/poorly?
      The less effective teacher did not show his passion for the ideas being taught.  He taught the material so that we could complete assignments but never help us to see the big picture.  The more effective one would take time aside from merely explaining the textbook but shared how he felt about the material.  It was interesting as he wold even share the philosophical significance of the models we were discussing.
Write something interesting or unique about yourself.
      I spoke with a British accent until I was 11 years old.
If you are unable to come to my scheduled office hours, what times would work for you?
      I can make it to scheduled office hour times.

No comments:

Post a Comment