Thursday, February 6, 2014

Review, due February 7, 2014

      I think that the most important topics are direct proofs, proofs by contrapositive and proofs by contradiction.  It will also be important to review sets as every proof we've done has related in some degree to sets (if only as a domain).
      I expect to see questions about proving implications such as the parity of a number, given another.  I expect to see proofs comparing equality of sets and proofs determining whether something is a rational number given rational and irrational elements of it.
      I need to understand how to evaluate proofs better.  I think it would be helpful to understand expectations for how to evaluate a proof.  Question 5.46 in the book would be helpful to review beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment