Monday, April 14, 2014

Review, due April 14, 2014


Which topics and theorems do you think are the most important out of those we have studied?
      I think that the Schroder-Bernstein Theorem.  The idea of implications and biconditionals are probably most important.  I like the fundamental theorem of arithmetic and the division algorithm.  I could see proofs by induction being very useful.
What do you need to work on understanding better before the exam? Come up with a mathematical question you would like to see answered or a problem you would like to see worked out.
      I think just getting the calculus proofs down would be useful.  Anything will be helpful there.
What have you learned in this course? How might these things be useful to you in the future?
      I realize to a fuller extent, the importance of being specific and precise in language, particularly in math.  If we don't use precise language, we are prone to mistakes and problems, even if we don't foresee them.  I will be more precise in my language from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment